The flamboyant store manager for World recommends some Christmas gifts that will help make the world a more beautiful place.
How will you be spending your Christmas period?
Going to Taupo. Around the lake, relaxing, with family.
What do you do to celebrate it?
Eat, drink, swim and be lazy. We’re getting an Airbnb this year. A beautiful little bach half way around the lake and my daughter’s sorted it all. Everyone has their own item to do on the menu.
Do you have a Christmas wish list?
- Just down at Lineage, they have these amazing Charles Jourdan mules, they’re metallic cerise. From Paris. They’re just beautiful.
- If I were to choose some things from here at World… I’d do the antique Val St Lambert cranberry vase. From Belgium.
- And on my wish list for a long time- and I’ve told staff!- is a Cire Trudon room spray, from France. You can spray the room before guests come. I have the candles already.
Have you got any gift ideas?
- Of course… Lineage for shoes.
- For my daughter, I could go to MAC and get a voucher, because she’d have to go in for a make-up session with them and choose her own.
- The Cire Trudon room spray is just beautiful. Fragrances are quite specific, but you can choose one and spray inside the box so if they don’t like the scent they can exchange it. A fragrance to get them started is a good thing, even the younger ones in their twenties, to give them appreciation of amazing fragrances, with real ingredients.
- We have new scents for Christmas from the fragrance company Amouage, they’re limited edition sets, the same price as a normal bottle on the rack, but in a beautiful wooden box, with the fragrance and the a body balm.
Do you treat yourself at Christmas?
I do actually! Haha. Just because when you’re gift shopping that’s when you come across things for yourself and I think “I’ll have that. That’s for me!”
Wish List | Gift List is our Christmas interview series that we hope will be all the gift-buying inspiration you need. Read more tips on great gifts to get for yourself and your loved ones from these Britomart experts: