Working at Jo Malone London, Jenny is a dab hand at catering to the needs of last-minute shoppers chasing tasteful, beautifully wrapped gifts.
Do you celebrate Christmas?
I do. And my birthday is also on Boxing Day, the day after Christmas, so I take it very seriously. Probably more than I should! I usually work on Christmas Eve, it’s probably the busiest day when everyone is panic-shopping. I usually spend Christmas with family and my boyfriend and have dinner – everyone cooking and stuffing ourselves with food. We have amazing homemade Korean food that my Mum makes us and directs us all on what to do.
How do you treat yourself?
I love party things, so I buy dresses and make-up for all the occasions.
And what do you do for others at Christmas?
I’ll get little gifts like lipsticks from M.A.C. Or perfumes, something from L’Occitane and from Havaianas. They make great gifts.
What other things have you seen that would make great gifts?
- The top of my list would be Karen Walker sunnies. The new men’s collection are ones that I’d wear myself. The Sidney collection and Pablo collection. They’re very trendy.
- Our Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia gift sets have a perfume, body wash and a cream. It’s a good scent – not too intense, not too sweet. It’s a very hard fragrance to dislike, and can be worn throughout the year.
What’s on your Christmas Wish List?
- I love jewellery. There’s a gorgeous Tiffany & Co store around the corner. And my wish list would be the heart collection and the smile collection. They’re not your every day jewellery.
- A Hipgroup voucher for dinner at Amano. I love the pasta there. And the burrata and the steak for two.
- I’d also love our Jo Malone Pine and Eucalyptus luxury candle, it’s our Christmas scent. It’s about as Christmassy as it gets.
Wish List | Gift List is our Christmas interview series that we hope will be all the gift-buying inspiration you need. Read more tips on great gifts to get for yourself and your loved ones from these Britomart experts: