Cafe Hanoi is giving you the perfect summer salad recipe, perfect for enjoying in the summer heat, or bringing along to a get together.
POACHED CHICKEN SALAD
Serves 4 as a main, or 8 as a side dish
FOR THE DRESSING
35g castor sugar
160ml warm water
200ml lime juice – fresh or bottled
160ml fish sauce
10ml soy sauce
130ml rice vinegar
5g red chili – deseeded and finely diced
5g garlic, finely minced
FOR THE SALAD
1 whole chicken
3 green papayas – or green mango – peeled and shredded with a mandolin or julienne peeler
3 Lebanese cucumbers, cut lengthways, deseeded and cut into batons
Handful of mint leaves, chopped
40g peanuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- For the dressing, dissolve the sugar in the warm water, then combine with remaining ingredients.
- Poach the chicken in chicken stock or seasoned water, until cooked through.
- Cool chicken and shred into pieces, discarding the skin and bones.
- Mix together the chicken, mint leaves, cucumber, and papaya. Toss through the dressing – the salad should be quite wet.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve immediately.