From six new tacos to a South American take on New Zealand’s most famous dessert, there are fresh flavours everywhere on Mexico’s summer chalkboard.
Summer is coming! (Allegedly.) And when the temperature soars, there’s little we like more than to settle in for an afternoon of cervezas, margaritas and shared plates at Mexico. Their summer menu is bursting at the seams with new dishes, which we’ve helpfully itemised here so you know exactly what to look for when you next head in.
Six New Tacos ($8 each)
1. Poached chicken in salsa macha with blue cheese mayo, pumpkin slaw and pistachio migas.
2. Avocado masa amarillo, almond creme tomato asada tofu, kale slaw and coriander.
3. Turmeric battered fish with crispy potato, ensalada de col, tartare and crispy capers.
4. Beef skirt carne asada with smoky chipotle mayo, pineapple pico, chicharron and cress.
5. Pomegranate lamb piccadilly with jalapeno crema, Oaxaca queso, pepitas and chiffonade.
6. Spiced duck leg with kumara, red onion confit, orange & mustard seed glaze and red slaw.
7. Stuffed jalapeños with hickory smoked bacon, pork, red slaw, ricotta creme and green onion.
8. Braised pork belly burger with apple yoghurt, slaw, and crispy shallots on a brioche bun - ideal with a beer.
From the Mucho Carne Menu
9. Pan seared Lamb rump with baby peas and cumin puree, mint, almond and roasted garlic pico.
10. Chicken Wings in Guajillo adobo, cucumber milk, candied sesame seeds and sango.
11. Slow-cooked pork belly and crackling with pumpkin and fennel mojo, with tequila and maple agua.
12. El Pavlova – fluffy meringue with strawberry & coriander compote, vanilla crème and kiwifruit sorbet.