Charter House, 54-58 Customs Street East
Now part of Westpac’s headquarters, Charter House started out as a single-storey building in 1905, before being scaled up to a four- and five-storey structure in 1920. For almost 50 years it was home to R&E Tingey, a plant and wallpaper business. The building has been refurbished and is now part of Westpac’s headquarters, which were designed by Sydney architecture firm Johnson Pilton Walker and Britomart-based Peddle Thorp. It is linked to Westpac’s other building by airbridges featuring colourful artworks by Shannon Novak.