Every year we set ourselves sustainability goals to achieve over the next 12 months. Some of them relate to longer-term commitments – like our Toitū Carbonreduce programme – and others are one-off projects that help make Britomart a more sustainable place to work, play and spend time.
Mana Whakahaere | Governance
• Investigate and scope the potential for a material issues assessment for Britomart.
• Achieve a WELL Performance certification for the Maritime Building
Te Tāngata | People and Culture
• Work with Te Kura Kaupapa Māori o Hoani Waititi Marae to establish a vocational programme that introduces their students to a range of career possibilities and work experience options at Britomart, using this as an opportunity to connect Britomart businesses with the Kura community and each other.
• Engage the Britomart community with at least six displays of art and photography around Britomart, with a focus on sustainability and social issues, and measure the impact of these activations.
• Run at least three events to build community and connect our Britomart lease partners with each other, centred around an element of environmental, social or economic sustainability.
Te Taiao | Environment
• Continue to work towards our Toitū Carbonreduce emissions reduction goal of 5 percent by 2026.
• Run a communications campaign for our Britomart community to share the lessons learned from managing waste well during our 2022 waste investigation.
• Continue to scope the feasibility of installing PV panels (solar) on the roof of existing Britomart buildings.