A pro make-up artist at M.A.C, Alice has an eye for gifts that are shiny and sparkly, as well as ones that come beautifully packaged.
How will you be spending your Christmas period?
Enjoying the summer. Sun. I’m so excited for that weather, and to be sitting in the grass and lying down. Relaxing.
What do you do to celebrate it?
I usually spend time with my friends. Road trips. Going to the beach. Barbecues. I love Christmas, the music, the food, lots of family and friends.
What do you do for others at Christmas?
I like gifting things. Gift-wrapping. I think that’s my favourite part. I like to get something in a little box, gift-wrap it nice and sharp, put it in a little bag. I love doing that.
Do you treat yourself?
I always give myself a present. Something off my wish list.
What’s on that wish list this year?
- The Double-Love ring from Zambesi’s jewellery section. It’s two rings with little chains across. I’ve had my eye on that for ages.
- I love Tiffany & Co. Just walking in there makes me happy.
- I love Karen Walker jewellery too. You could wear their designs every day. Like the acorn collection, or the little stars. I’d like all of them!
And what’s on your gift list for others?
- I think Jo Malone London has a really great range for gifts for adults. And it’s wrapped in nice boxes and bags!
- Karen Walker have alphabet earrings, so you could give someone the first letter from their name, which would be a cute gift.
- M.A.C have launched a new lipstick kit. It’s every colour you can own in a row. At the back there’s retro matt lipsticks. And then a gloss. In one go. It’s good value because it’s $380 for all of that. I might buy one and give some of the colours to my friends, and keep some for myself!
Wish List | Gift List is our Christmas interview series that we hope will be all the gift-buying inspiration you need. Read more tips on great gifts to get for yourself and your loved ones from these Britomart experts: